Fundamentals of Inter-Costal Tube Management Course
Course Date & Time :
17 of September 2022
8 AM - 5 PM.
This course is accredited with 8 CME
This course aim is to introduce clinicians interested in Chest tube management to the
basics needed to master the procedure.
Participants will understand the definition of pneumothorax, pleural effusion ,and hemo-thorax and how to diagnose it.
The indications of inter-costal tube (ICT) insertion and its complications will be discussed as well.
The hands on session will enable the participants to learn how to prepare, insert, and remove an ICT.
Participant will also learn how to approach a chest x-ray and interpret it.
• MBBS, SBGS, SFTS,Consultant General & Thoracic Surgery, Deputy head of Thoracic Surgery department in Kind Saud Medical City, Riyadh.
• Senior lecturer of Thoracic Surgery at Alfaisal University.
• Interns and residents trainer and in charge of the educational activities in Thoracic Surgery department at King Saud Medical City
• Expert in Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgeries
• Expert in chest wall deformities, esophageal and tracheal surgeries.
• MBBS,Thoracic Surgery Resident in King Saud Medical City
• ATLS instructor
• Basic operative skills (BOS) course certified
- ER residents
- ICU residents
- General Surgery Residents
- interested Interns and Students