Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Course
- POCUS Course starts from 8 AM until 5:30 PM
- Participant must arrive on time
- Participant order will be confirmed within 24H and you will receive only order confirmation notifiction first.
- Participant will receive a reminder a day before the course with the final attending details ( Location, Timing..etc).
Bedside ultrasound, nowadays is One of the easiest, fastest, cost effective, bedside portable, noninvasive less radiant exposure, adjuncts, used for detecting and diagnosing several conditions, in an effective way. The scientific committee found that there is a huge need for all the physicians, who are participating in different departments, especially in the critical management area, at the same time we found that there is a real knowledge and practical gaps in the utilization of ultrasound devices so we merge this with simulation activity to simplify and to gather theoretical and clinical information to help reach a proper diagnosis through POCUS course.
In this course, you will learn and practice how to use point of care ultrasound (POCUS) to diagnose the most important problems seen in the acute care setting
This course will cover:
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Vascular ultrasound
- Basic Ultrasound Physics & knobology
- Basic transthoracic echocardiogram
- Lung and pleural ultrasound
- Focused cardiac echocardiography
- Rapid ultrasound for shock and hypotension
- Obstetric and gynecologic point of care ultrasound
- Ultrasound guided vascular access
- Abdominal ultrasound: liver, gallbladder, biliary tree, appendix, and kidney
In this course, participants will learn how to:
- Recognize the techniques of POCUS and its application through case studies, concept maping, hands‐on returned demonstration, and debates
- Describe the basic fundamentals of ultrasound physics and demonstrate appropriate optimization for system controls.
- Apply principles of spectral and cardiac Doppler fundamentals; apply quantitative methods to evaluate acute valvular abnormalities (critical care track).
- Understand the importance of ultrasound use in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of trauma patients.
- Assess the patient’s clinical status with appropriate interpreting Critical ultrasound examinations and directing the urgent therapy
- Demonstrate the proper use of E‐FAST for trauma patients to rule‐out internal bleeding
- Physics of Ultrasound
- Lung Ultrasound
- Cardiac Axes
- Fluid resuscitation with Ultrasound
- Hepatobiliary Ultrasound
- Renal Ultrasound
- Aorta/IVC Ultrasound
- Emergency Physicians
- General Practitioners
- General Surgeons
- Internal Medicine
- Any physician with an interest in Ultrasonography
|28th February 2024
|29th February 2024